Tonight I was having a sweet tooth. I wanted to go down to the grocery store and cave in and buy some Ben and Jerry’s. Oh geez how good that sounded. But nope. I thought real hard about sticking to the commitment of trying Paleo. I’m such a sissy. I love carbs. I gotta have them even if they are a fake substitute.
Well, I searched my pantry for what I did have. Eggs. Check. Almond butter. Check. Honey. Check. Muy bien. Enough to make some almond butter cookies.
I was skeptical. Seemed a little too healthy.
They were GOOD. Lick the bowl and sticky sweet almond honey goodness good. (Sorry, did that make sense).
Try it, you’ll like it! (Totally from Yo Gabba Gabba, anyone know what I’m talking about?? If not, disregard)
Paleo Almond Butter Cookies
Recipe adapted from Gluten Free Easily
1 cup almond butter
1/3 cup raw honey
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp coconut flour
1/4 cup chopped dates (I used dates, feel free to sub in dark chocolate chips- which is what I really was wishing for!)
1. In a mixing bowl, mix almond butter, honey, egg and baking soda until combined.
2. Next, mix in coconut flour until combined.
3. Last, mix in chocolate chips or chopped dates.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop about a tablespoon onto sheet leaving about an inch between each cookie.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.
6. Let cookies sit on baking sheet for about 15 minutes to cool.