I love recipes that are easy to make. Which is why I'm excited to share a recipe with all of you that was not only delicious, but budget friendly and ready in under an hour!
Why hello there, chicken enchilada casserole. Have we met before?
Chicken enchiladas might just be one of my favorite meals. Definitely on my top ten list. What I love most about chicken enchiladas is they are typically a crowd pleaser. One casserole dish can serve up to six people, and leftover they taste great.
Normally, these enchiladas cost a bit more to make and take some more preparation. With Kraft Recipe Makers, half of the work is done for you. I won't complain! I picked up the Verde Chicken Enchiladas package at my local Safeway in the the “Meal Starters” section of the store. This section is in the aisle nearest the meat department. The product is shelved among other meal starter solutions. You can find Kraft Recipe Makers in seven delicious varieties at Safeway. Next, I grabbed a bag of Mexican Blend Kraft Cheese, along with a roasted chicken from the deli, and corn tortillas. That was it!
Kraft Recipe Makers are combinations of two savory sauces that along with your fresh ingredients make one of three fabulous dishes. Recipe Makers are easy. Simply add your fresh ingredients for a flavorful, homemade dish any night of the week. Each Recipe Makers can make dishes one of three ways. You can choose from a variety of prep methods, including in a slow cooker, skillet or oven. I think that is pretty cool- especially for busy week nights or last minute pot-lucks!
The enchiladas were a breeze to make, and they taste great! I loved the flavor of the Tomatillo Finishing Sauce the best. I added some olives I found in my pantry along with some fresh cut green onion and cilantro from our garden to garnish.
Verde Chicken Enchiladas Casserole
4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1 package (18.2 oz.) Kraft Recipe Makers Verde Chicken Enchiladas
12 corn tortillas
12 oz Kraft Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese
Cilantro to garnish
Olives to Garnish
Green onions to garnish
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Combine chicken and filling sauce in a bowl.
4. Cover bottom of pan with corn tortillas (about 4-6).
5. Ladle spoon full of chicken mixture and cover tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Continue to cover with corn tortillas a second time, then repeat adding chicken mixture and sprinkle with cheese. This time also add one of the finishing sauce packets evenly across enchiladas.
7. Last, cover with one more layer of corn tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, add last finishing sauce packet.
8. Bake 15-20 minutes or until finished. Garnish with cilantro, olives, and green onions if desired!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.