When I am craving something sweet, I want chocolate. Dark chocolate. It is my favorite. I could eat dark chocolate chips out of the bag.
That is why I was so excited my husband made this recipe. These sweet potato brownies are moist, yummy, and paleo! They are super rich, chocolaty and you can hardly tell there are sweet potatoes in them. Lillian, my two year old, loves them. Yes.
Well, we have literally made over 4 batches in a row. They do not last long around here. That is why I decided to share them with you all!
Sweet Potato Brownies
Cook Time: 30 minutes
2 sweet potatoes
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons cup honey
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup + 2 teaspoons cup coconut flour
1/4 cup unsweetend cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1. Bake the sweet potatoes Preheat oven to 425 degrees and poke holes all around potatos with a fork. Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until tender.
2. Peel off the skin and throw the potatoes in a food processor to blend smooth.
3. Add wet ingredients: coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and whisked eggs and combine in a bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
5. Mix well.
6. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and pour mixture into dish.
7. Add chocolate chips by sprinkling directly into brownies.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes, checking with a fork to make sure brownies are fully cooked.
Yum, enjoy those puppies. Hopefully you won’t eat as many as I did in one night!