I am in a sore mood today. I don’t normally post negative stuff or feel like ranting, but I suppose very once in a while the truth has to come out! I know, the photo is totally random. I had one of these delicious margaritas with my best friend a couple months ago, and it cheered me up when I saw it. So I used it!
Well, my Pinterest account got hacked today. The first hint was I checked my email and saw two people had re-pinned a pin that I had apparently shared two hours prior to me checking my email. Hmmm… I hadn’t share any pins! So I hopped online and checked my account. I almost gasped out loud when I saw I had three new boards. They were labeled “weight-loss”, “diet”, and “fast weight loss”. I scrolled through the pictures and saw inappropriate before and after photos of girls in scantily clad bathing suites. The sites all went to phishing and scam sites selling weird weight loss drugs.
I was so bummed. It feels like such a huge violation for people to just hack into your stuff for their cheap gain and benefit. They utilize all your hard work and efforts to gain followers and readers to advertise their crappy agenda. In this case, illegal diet medication. Yuck!
Then, to make matters worse, I tried to change all my passwords on my iPad as fast as I could. Then my iPad fell off my lap through the arm chair gap- literally less than a foot off the ground- and the screen cracked as I was trying to help my daughter off a chair she climbed. My heart sank!
I hate feeling defeated over material things and petty instances like these but I felt so angry and sad. Money down the drain.
Yet, it’s gonna be alright. I deleted those boards and changed my codes. I’ll save up my money and replace the screen and get a good, hard case on it. Oh well! Honestly, if that’s a bad day I will take it.
Well, thanks for listening to my ridiculous ramble. I was going to attempt an actual post today, but this is what blurted out of my head.
In light of my miseries I thought I would post some light-hearted fun about the woes of blogging. Here goes!
The downfalls of blogging
1. Social media can become a chore, fast.
2. It is a CRISIS if your Internet goes down.
3. Writer’s block in the midst of assembling a post that must go up is your worst enemy.
4. Spammers bring out the meanie in you. I never thought I’d seek revenge on anyone until I was spammed 50 times in 24 hours.
5. Internet security? What? Well, you have to worry about it more than ever while ironically trying to gain new readers and followers you (fingers crossed) hope are normal people.
6. All your passwords are long, crazy, encrypted codes you can hardly remember. Because people are actively trying to hack into your twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest accounts (and any others you have, too!).
7. You have way more pictures than you will ever be able to organize.
8. Your the weirdo who takes a photo of everything- aka your Starbucks drink, your clothes at a downward angle, and any food that looks presentable. Then, your friends smirk at you and say, “are you gonna blog that?”.
9. Everyone assumes you make more money off your blog than you do.
10. Your blogging world feels separate from your real world, and when they collide you feel super vulnerable and odd! Every time a friend mentions they read my blog I am actually really surprised- it is like I forgot my family and friends might want to read it too.
Done and done. Please share with me your blogging woes! It will cheer me up:).