What a cold, fall day. It makes me just want to hole up and eat a bunch of sugary, delicious, unhealthy foods. Too bad. Instead I am munching on an apple and reminiscing about this Chex mix we made over the weekend. It is long gone.
Chex mix. Have you seen the delightful mixes popping up yet? Muddy buddies, or that salty and savory mix I always horde whenever I see it… yea, that stuff soaked in butter and salt.
I had to make some. I took it to a church party, and plan to make more this fall as little gifts to give out, or just to have on hand.
The best part of the mix? A super stealthy, super amazing combo of peanuts and candy corn. Think Payday candy bars. I have no idea why, but the combo tastes exactly like that!
This is so brainless and easy you can do it any night of the week.
Hope you enjoy!
Fall Tuxedo Chocolate and Candy Corn Chex Mix
Servings: about 18-24
4 cups corn Chex or rice Chex
4 oz white chocolate baking bar
8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
2 cups bite size pretzels
1 cup candy corn
1 cup peanuts
1. In a large microwavable bowl, heat the chopped up baking bar for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted.
2. Stir in Chex, pretzels, candy corn, and peanuts, until all ingredients are combined.
3. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and spread mix evenly out on each one.
4. In a medium to large microwavable bowl, heat the chocolate chips for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted.
5. Using a fork, drizzle chocolate all over the mix.
6. Allow mix to cool, then break up and serve in a large bowl, in cupcake wrappers, clear plastic bags, or small cups.