This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringIntoFlavor #CollectiveBias.
How was your Memorial Day? Did you enjoy some time in the sun, run a 5k, or just hang with family and friends? We enjoyed a barbeque with some of our fave friends. Babies running all over the house, good food, and awesome music made our day very nice. Who doesn’t love an extra day off? I decided to make something super easy, and these loaded bacon sweet potato fries hit the spot. I just did the prep at home, then baked them at my friends. It took less than five minutes to assemble, and turned out great. We topped Alexia Sweet Potato Fries with bacon, chives, cilantro, chipotle & cilantro aioli sauce, and queso fresca. The flavors were incredible, and it turned out to be a crowd pleaser.
The food was amazing. I am so blessed to be married to such an amazing cook, and his bud is a chef. So we noshed on pork belly, browned apricots stuffed with goat cheese and bacon, asian chicken sliders, grilled sausage, cucumber salad, homemade naan bread, dill cucumbers, cornbread cake, and sangria. Needless to say, I ate WAY TOO MUCH.
I enjoy coming up with easy recipes that are super flavorful and unique. Alexia products are some of my fave. I love their fries and onion rings! I also feel good serving them to my family since they use all natural ingredients. I made many packages of fries in my vegetarian days!
You will want a fork to eat these loaded fries. So much goodness. Also, the sauce is incredible, I want to make it for a salad!
I’ve shared my upscale, spring-inspired recipe with you. I’d love to hear about yours! Leave a comment sharing your favorite spring recipe ideas.
- Alexia Sweet Potato Fries
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 4 Green Onions
- Queso Fresca to crumble over top
- Cilantro to garnish
- For the Aioli:
- 1 Cup Crema Mexicana
- 2 Tablespoons Chipotle Adobo plus one pepper from can
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Shallot
- 3 Tablespoons Cilantro
- Prep toppings. Chop cilantro and green onion.
- Render fat off bacon in a pan over medium-low heat about 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Crumble bacon into small pieces.
- Combine crema mexicana, chipotle adobo + pepper, salt, lime juice, garlic, shallot, and cilantro in a blender. Blend until well combined. Set aside.
- Bake fries according to package directions, about 20-25 minutes in oven heated to 425 degrees.
- Allow fries to cool. Put on a plate. Top with bacon, queso fresca, cilantro, chives, and sauce.