Veggie Dip Cups: A fun birthday party appetizer for kids!

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DipYourWay #CollectiveBias

kraft3

Veggies are not the first thing my daughter goes to at birthday parties. She is always eyeballing the cake. She might even ask me 1,000 times when she gets to eat her cake. I don’t know if it is just my child, but frosting almost immediately makes her crazy. Like, sugar-induced-toddler-insanity. Bouncing off a couch, losing a shoe, and pony-tail falling out of her head nuts. Trying to get my toddler to eat her veggies can be a difficult task. She recently just exerted her threenager independence, and along with this has decided to be one of the pickiest eaters ever.

kraft 5

I am always quite relieved when I go to a child event and see there are a couple of better-for-you options like vegetables and dip. Recently, I have been trying to introduce more raw veggies into our diet. My child LOVES cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, and bell peppers. I loved the idea of making an easy and quick appetizer for parties that also looks cute. These veggie cups are perfect for little kid hands and easy- no spoon or messy plate required! Finding fun and creative ways to encourage kids my kid to eat vegetables has been a task for myself, and Kraft Dips made it easier. The Kraft Dips come in a fun new package and have the following flavors: French Onion, Green Onion, and Bacon and Cheddar. I got the new Kraft Dips at Walmart in the dairy section. My fave is the bacon and cheddar one.

PicMonkey Collage

kraft 6

5.0 from 2 reviews
Veggie Dip Cups: A fun birthday party appetizer for kids!

Prep time
Total time

A fun and easy veggie snack that is great for small hands and even adults!
Author:
Cuisine: Appetizer
Ingredients
  • Bell Peppers
  • Carrots
  • Cucumbers
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Broccoli
  • Celery
  • Kraft Dips: French Onion, Green Onion, or Bacon and Cheddar
Instructions
  1. Wash veggies
  2. Cut and prep vegetables by cutting. Be mindful of the size of the cup you are using and cut sizes accordingly to fit.
  3. Add about two tablespoons of Kraft Dip in either French Onion, Green Onion, or Bacon and Cheddar to the bottom of the cup. *Tip: Use a funnel so that the cup stays clean and pretty!
  4. Add your veggies inside the cup, arranging in a way that they are easy to eat and look nice!
  5. Decorate by using cute kids wands, colored toothpicks, or small paper flags!

kraft 4

I chose to add my daughter’s favorite- a Disney princess wand. The whole pack cost me about $2.50 for 12 of them. I can think of tons of fun ideas for birthday parties, but I went for the princess theme. I have no idea why but simply putting the veggies in a cup with dip makes them so much more appealing to kids. I had dozens several say, “Ooh- what are those?”. I just giggled because I was thinking, “What do they look like? Veggies and dip!”. To my surprise they all got eaten.  These cute veggie cups look great on a table spread of food and make a good option for kids. I will definitely be making these again for our gatherings and parties. They are really delicious and easy.

What is your favorite way to get your toddler to eat veggies?

Be sure to check out more delicious recipes at Kraft.com. I’d love to hear your favorite!

• Reply Christy Maurer

I really love this idea! Kids totally love dipping things, so I am sure they would at least try this….or at least lick the dip off of the veggies lol.

July 25, 2015 at 7:44 am
  • Reply Heather

I too am a fan when birthday parties incorporate veggies. With my kids a nice dip always does the job. I’ll have to try Kraft’s French onion dip. It looks great.

July 25, 2015 at 12:03 pm
  • Reply Miranda (Myrabev)

This is such a cool idea, I am absolutely loving the dip cups and am sure many people would love them too

July 25, 2015 at 2:19 pm
  • Reply Jacob Fu

Yum! That looks so good! We need to make some of those at home so we’ll eat more veggies.

July 25, 2015 at 6:39 pm
  • Reply Tanya

Those are pretty and festive cups! How colorful, too. The Disney wand is a nice touch. 🙂

July 26, 2015 at 1:59 am
  • Reply rosemary palmer

As a kid, give my son ketchup or ranch dressing and he would eat almost anything. Luckily, he was a good eater and still is to this day, 27 years later. Could use this for adults too.

July 26, 2015 at 4:49 am
  • Reply micheled

My kids would love if I used Kraft dips with their veggie sticks. My daughter goes nuts over dip. I can’t blame her. I love to dip as well.

July 26, 2015 at 6:00 am
  • Reply Jeannette

This is such a great idea and an awesome way to make veggies fun! My kids love these dips and will eat pretty much anything I pair with them.

July 26, 2015 at 6:33 am
  • Reply Jeanine

My kids LOVE veggies and dip so this would be perfect for them, for a Birthday party of even just a snack! Looks great!

July 26, 2015 at 8:01 am
  • Reply tammileetips

This is such a cute idea!!! I may have to use this idea the next time we have a get together, great way to control the dip.

July 26, 2015 at 10:16 am
  • Reply Nikki

Wow. Its look great i wanna teach this style to my friend 🙂 , i think she will be like this cool idea.

July 26, 2015 at 11:21 am
  • Reply Rebecca Swenor

These veggie dip cups are a great idea for a fun birthday party appetizer for kids. I love this idea and adding the princess wands would totally make them appealing to the kids too. I will have to share this with my niece for her kids. Thanks for sharing.

July 26, 2015 at 11:19 pm
  • Reply krystal

This would be just perfect for my son’s upcoming party. He is turning three and loves his veggies.

July 27, 2015 at 3:07 pm
  • Reply Stephanie

This is such a fun idea! My older two are so picky, but having the Kraft Dips and veggies in a cup might intrigue them enough to give it a try. Thanks! #client

July 27, 2015 at 5:43 pm
  • Reply Mrs K

This is so perfect! I’m going to do this when I have a girls’ movie night 🙂

July 27, 2015 at 6:48 pm
  • Reply Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen

I’m loving this idea! My daughter and my nieces will love this, although I have to replace the tomato with something else.

August 11, 2015 at 4:02 pm