This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #livethefairlife #CollectiveBias
It was harvest time yesterday. Our whole family was in the back picking fresh veggies out of our garden. We got tons of kale, zuchinni, fresh herbs like oregano and rosemary, and some onions. I wanted to make a fantastic soup using up the extra veggies, and realized I also had some extra fairlife. I remembered a soup I ate a few months ago at a church potluck with sausage, kale, and potato and HAD to make it. This soup has a spicy kick to it, and it is simply delicious. I was nervous I could not make it like the woman from my church had, but I used a similar recipe and changed it up a notch. It turned out really great!
Using soup with fairlife was an awesome way to use up our extra milk as well as get some extra protein into a weeknight recipe. Fairlife has 50% more protein and 30% more calcium without adding protein or calcium powders (versus regular milk). There is also 50% less sugar, no artificial growth hormones, and it is ultra-filtered to perfection. I found it in my local King Soopers market.
This soup has lots of vitamins and minerals as well, with the kale, onion, and potato. I love the spicy kick and the creamy taste. My daughter LOVES this soup. This sausage, kale, and potato soup goes really well with crackers or a loaf of french bread. It is also a great meal for a potluck or to take to a friend who just had a baby. Hearty, rich, and full of protein and nutrients- this soup is a great way to use up your milk and veggies for a great weeknight meal!
- 4 cups 2% fairlife/ milk
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 sweet onion
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 cups kale, washed and cut into bite size pieces (I used 5 cups because we LOVE kale!)
- salt to taste
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat and crumble sausage. Cook and stir about 10 minutes or until fully cooked and brown. Drain grease.
- In a large pot add half and half, chicken broth, milk. Stir in potatoes, oregano, onion, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Season with black pepper and salt. Stir kale into the soup and simmer on low until kake is tender, 10-15 min.
- Be sure to check out more delicious milk recipes on the fairlife website! I’d love to hear your favorite!