Happy Thanksgiving

fall8

Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.

For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods.

Psalm 95:2-3

Happy Thanksgiving- from our family to yours. This Thanksgiving I am thankful for many things… the precious miracle baby in my womb that is a blessing and gift from God alone. In no way could I have conjured up such a gift. I struggled to get pregnant and almost gave up hope. But He waited until I had lost confidence in myself so I could truly see How great He is at gift-giving.

My daughter lights up my life. As she grows, I see snippets of her lovely little soul. When I hear her speak her tiny little prayers, my heart praises God for what he is doing in her life despite my very non-perfect parenting. I have so much hope in her future and love getting to be her mother.

What can I say about my husband? He is my best friend, my confidant, and my greatest romance. As the years continue we have both achieved our first gray hairs together. Yippee. We have our seasons, but one thing remains the same: I love him more each day and continue to learn more about his heart as time goes on. I respect him more each day. I trust that God is continuing to work in his life.

Other things… the home we don’t deserve but get to dwell in. The job my husband has been blessed with which provides food for our table and allows me to work at home with my daughter. The church family I get to enjoy on a regular basis and that feeds my soul. The neighborhood we live in that has been free of violence or fear. The hardships I have endured that give me a glimpse into my need for Jesus and compassion for the hurting world, along with refining me to be more humble and rely on God. The family I have been blessed with- my father and mother, the step-parents I have inherited, in-laws, sisters and brothers, grandparents… so many people that add joy to my life in ways I could never know. The health I have for now… how often I forget what freedom it is to live without daily pain. While many of these blessings may not last forever, or for even another week, they are things I can be thankful for today.

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

• Reply Jaime Nicole

It’s always nice to take a day out of the year and reflect what we are thankful for. I am also very grateful for my husband and kids.

November 26, 2015 at 9:42 am
  • Reply Candice

I wish we celebrated thanksgiving in Australia!! I think we should celebrate what we are thankful for everyday especially with those we love! just beautiful…

November 26, 2015 at 3:39 pm
  • Reply Terri Ramsey Beavers

It’s always nice to hear what others are thankful for. Sometimes I forget to be thankful for the little things that are really important.

November 26, 2015 at 4:41 pm
  • Reply Nancy @ Whispered Inspirations

I am thankful for my health, family and friends.

November 26, 2015 at 8:33 pm
  • Reply Liz Mays

It really is a great time to sit back and reflect on the many blessings we enjoy. I hope we can remember to do it more than on Thanksgiving though.

November 26, 2015 at 10:06 pm
  • Reply Miles L.

I’m touched with your blog. We can really not thank God enough for all the numerous blessings He has given us. All we can do is just stand in awe for His wonderful gifts and blessings.

November 26, 2015 at 10:24 pm
  • Reply Heather

It sounds like you have a lot of love in your heart and so much to b thankful for. I feel the same way about my family. My kids and husband are blessings and God gives me way more than I deserve.

November 26, 2015 at 11:04 pm
  • Reply Franc Ramon

Happy Thanksgiving to your family. You really have a lot to thank for especially your immediate family. It’s really great to look back and be grateful.

November 27, 2015 at 3:09 am
  • Reply Arcee Miranda

I was really inspires by your post and it really moved me. Happy Thanks giving to you and your family, although we dont have that here in the Philippines.

November 27, 2015 at 5:20 pm
  • Reply Wood Arts Universe

Happy Thanksgiving to your family! We have a lot to be thankful in this life even if bad things happen. I’m happy for you and your family.

November 27, 2015 at 7:23 pm
  • Reply rika

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day with your family. I am so thankful for my family and for everything in my life

November 27, 2015 at 11:17 pm
  • Reply Nancy (@spiffykerms)

I’m grateful for my husband (of 2 years, but “boyfriend” of 10+) for putting up with me for so long. Hahah! Sounds bad, but we’re quite opposite of one another ­čÖé Happy belated thanksgiving!!

November 28, 2015 at 12:36 am
  • Reply Onica (MommyFactor)

Hoping your family had a great Thanksgiving . We’re thankful for so many things this year but also the people in our lives.

November 28, 2015 at 3:28 am
  • Reply Kiana

I hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving with your wonderful family! Thanks for sharing some of your blessings with us.

November 28, 2015 at 3:53 am
  • Reply Miranda (Myrabev)

What a beautiful post, happy thanksgiving to you too and hope you had a wonderful and blessed one. I am so thankful for so many things God has blessed me and my family with that each it I am in awe of his grace upon us.

November 28, 2015 at 6:17 am
  • Reply Chantal

Your daugther is absolutely beautiful! Congrats on your pregnancy, such an exciting time for you! I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving!

November 29, 2015 at 4:02 pm
  • Reply Adriana

Wonderful list : ) I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday!

November 29, 2015 at 9:23 pm
  • Reply lexie

How incredibly sweet! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving

December 2, 2015 at 1:37 pm