Our loss- the pain of losing a baby born too soon

footprints

With a grieving heart  I wanted to share that on Saturday, December 12th, we lost our precious son. I was blessed with the ability to deliver in the hospital, alongside caring hospital staff who did all they could to keep both of us alive. We were also able to name him Dominic, hold him, and get his tiny footprints. He was about 18 weeks old, and perfectly formed. I suffered an infection in my uterus,  which led to pre-term labor, and he simply was unable to survive. His name means “of the Lord”. Little Dominic taught us many beautiful lessons in a painful yet powerful way about the depth of love as well as the true meaning of love. He was a fighter until the end. We will always remember our second baby and he is such a wonderful part of our family. Thank you to all of our friends and family for your tremendous support and encouragement during this difficult time. My sister, for being such a rock and helper in my life. My daughter, for showing her momma such tender and sweet love at only 3 years old. And my husband, for relentlessly being at my side through every moment, losing sleep and being my greatest source of comfort and companionship. This week I have truly seen the mercy, compassion, and love of Jesus through more people than I can count. Thanks to all of you who loved us so patiently during our time of grievance. I trust in God’s providence and care for our amazing little fighter, Dominic, and trust that he is in the arms of his loving Father.

I wrestled with sharing this on my blog, but know that some of you know that I was pregnant, and pretty far along. My hope is that this will unite me with other women and men who have experienced this kind of loss, and that in the coming time I can share my grief, healing, and recovery. I am aware of so many women who have gone through this, and my heart goes out to you if you have ever dealt with a miscarriage, stillborn, or loss of a child.

• Reply Lindsay

Oh honey, I’m so sorry. xoxoxoxoxo

December 17, 2015 at 6:48 pm
  • Reply Marty@A Stroll Thru Life

My thoughts and prayers for you and all your family. God Bless. I know Dominic is in the arms of Jesus. I remember the pain, it is something you can’t really describe.

December 17, 2015 at 7:18 pm
  • Reply Kim @ HappyPrettyBlog

I am so very sorry for your loss. I’ll be thinking of you and your family and am sending you love from afar. Xoxo

December 17, 2015 at 7:36 pm
  • Reply Mistie

Prayers for comfort and peace for your and your family.

December 17, 2015 at 11:43 pm
  • Reply Heather Hammel

I’m so sorry for your loss. You are so strong and brave for posting about this.

December 18, 2015 at 4:07 am
  • Reply Tawnya

Oh Tiffany. I have no words that will help your pain but I am so very sorry for your loss. I can’t even imagine the hurt that you must be experiencing, I wish I could reach out and give you a big hug. You’re so brave to share this with us, and so soon after loosing your sweet baby boy. I hope you can find the support you’re looking for in other women experiencing the same. So much love to you and your family. You’ll be in my thoughts and prayers throughout the holidays. Xo

December 18, 2015 at 6:56 am
  • Reply Kirst

i’m so sorry for your loss, prayers heading your way

December 18, 2015 at 8:36 am
  • Reply Cara

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for both you and your family. <3

December 18, 2015 at 9:30 am
  • Reply Gabby

Very sorry to hear of the complications and resulting loss of Dominic. You never really “loose” a child, so much as gained an angel. Dominic will watch over his big sister and help navigate a smooth journey for your rainbow baby (if your family decides to try again.) Wishing you peace, support and lots of love this holiday. Dominic’s footprint is precious beyond words.

December 18, 2015 at 1:23 pm
  • Reply Kelly

I am so very sorry for your loss. Prayers, peace, and light to you all.

December 19, 2015 at 3:37 pm
  • Reply Amberly

I am so sorry for your loss! I will be thinking about you and praying for you!

December 20, 2015 at 10:41 am
  • Reply Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly

My prayers are going out to you right now!

December 21, 2015 at 8:22 am
  • Reply Kate

I’m so sorry to hear that–I can’t imagine what that must be like. Keeping you in my prayers!

December 22, 2015 at 12:39 pm
  • Reply Lisa

I’m so, incredibly sorry and sad to hear about your loss. I honestly can’t even imagine. I’m saying a prayer right now for you and your family, especially during the holiday season.

December 22, 2015 at 1:14 pm