Not only is this an easy recipe, it is also delicious, hearty, and perfect with a cold beer. I made this for a handful of friends and they were super pleased!
I love easy chili recipes. Chili is one of my favorite meals in the winter. It is so yummy alone, with toppings, or on top of hot dogs or chips. This is the perfect recipe for relaxing because there is really not much cooking or effort involved. The taste is incredible and satisfying. I love to pair my twice stuffed baked potatoes with a nice salad and a local beer. Yummy!
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1-2 cans Hormel® Chili with beans
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 chive onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sour cream (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 450. Wash potatoes.
- Prick potatoes lightly six times with a fork.
- Place potatoes on a wire rack over a baking sheet or on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 45 min to 1 hour, until soft in the center.
- Rub olive oil on potatoes and cook 10 more minutes.
- Allow to rest before handling.
- Slice potatoes down the center.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the potato pulp and place in a bowl. Add the butter, chives, salt, and pepper to the mixture and mash. Stuff the potatoes with the mixture until almost full to the top. You probably won't use all of the mashed potatoes, set aside or eat for a snack! Add a good amount of the chili, about ¼ can per potato, more if desired. Top with cheese.
- Lower oven to 350 degrees and bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Top with sour cream or any other desired garnish!
So grab some friends and hunker down in front of the television and enjoy some tummy-warming food!
What is your favorite cold night recipe? Share with me!