I love cobbler. Anything that tastes like cobbler. Crumbs- yes please. And with berries? Love even more!
Ever since I have committed to being a little healthier, I have been addicted to baking. Ironic? Yes. Impossible? No. I have discovered almond flour, and am in love. I have also discovered I can make it at home, for a fraction of the price. I might be dumb, but I didn’t realize almond flour is simply almond ground up finely! So, yesterday I threw a bunch of almonds in my Blendtec, and boom- Almond Flour! Ok, so there is a bit more involved, and if you actually want to try to do it read this ARTICLE.
These bars are REALLY good. They don’t taste healthy at all, but they are! My baby loved them, and hubby loved them. They are already gone. Maybe we shouldn’t inhale them, but hey, I am just happy we all agreed on a dessert that is gluten, grain, egg, and dairy free!
Raspberry Lemon Breakfast Bars
Adapted from Real Sustenance (one of my favorite food blogs)
- 3 1/2 packed cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of one small lemon
- 1 cup raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper, enough so there is a bit extra coming off the sides.
2. In a food processor mix the almond flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Turn it on briefly until it becomes crumbly- about 30 seconds. If mixing by hand, do the same as in a food processor, it just might take a few more stirs.
3. Add a layer of crumbs into the pan, spreading evenly. Then add a layer of raspberries. Repeat until you have used all ingredients.
4. Use the edges of the parchment paper to gently press down to form crumbs into a bar. Don’t press too flat.
5. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
6. Remove and allow to cool, then slice into bars!
Let me know how they go for you! 😉
Anyone have any other recipes to share? Comment below please!