This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IceCreamHero #CollectiveBias
Summer is in full swing. It is HOT! We have been craving ice cream. I wanted to make some delicious ice cream parfaits here in my home so we could skip the lines at local ice cream shops. I learned a few quick and easy tips for making the perfect ice cream parfaits, plus whipped up two super easy and delicious recipes. The first parfait is balsamic berries and vanilla bean ice cream (my personal favorite!), and the second recipe is cookies and mint chocolate chip ice cream. Mom’s can totally be a hero with every scoop!
Have you ever wondered how to make those pretty, perfectly formed ice cream sundaes and parfaits you see in pictures? If you are like me, your ice cream parfait typically does not look like the ones in photographs. It is either chunks of hard and deformed ice cream, or a melted mess of ice cream soup. I learned this super easy trick for entertaining: pre-scoop and freeze the ice cream until it is ready to be served! I was excited to try this fun and easy new way to serve up ice cream around my house.
The trick to the perfect ice cream parfait is this:
1. Microwave your ice cream for about 5 seconds.
2. Use a great ice cream scoop that works well.
3. Get a cup of warm water and first dip your ice cream scoop in the water.
4. Slowly, from the side, scoop a nice ice cream ball.
5. Transfer the ice cream scoop to a baking sheet. Put the baking sheet in the freezer until you are ready to make the parfaits and serve them!
What this does is solidify the pretty scoop. It also gives you time to make your parfait and add your ingredients, then top with a lovely but perfectly formed ice cream scoop! What an easy trick. I wish I had learned this easy entertaining tip sooner.
My all time favorite ice cream flavors are vanilla bean and mint chocolate chip. I tried out the DREYER’s SLOW CHURNED Ice Cream for my test in their Vanilla Bean and Mint Chocolate Chip flavors. It is ½ the fat and 1/3 fewer calories than regular ice cream. They also have Frozen Custard but I opted for the ice cream. The ice cream was perfect for making parfaits- really smooth and creamy and full of flavor.
Here are two quick and easy ice cream parfait recipes your kiddos will love this summer. These recipes are fun for just a quick and delicious dessert or are good for entertaining a summer barbecue or party! I included the recipe for balsamic berries. For the mint chocolate chip and cookies parfait, simply follow the same recipe just swap ingredients! The options for parfaits are endless! (You can also just pour the berries over ice cream in a bowl like the picture below!)
Here is a coupon! To get the coupon, simply sign into your Just 4 U account, find the coupon and load the offer to your loyalty card. Search for the $1.00 off 1 DREYER’s Branded Product 32 –48 oz offer to save.
- DREYER's Slow Churned Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 packages strawberries, cut in half
- 1 package raspberries
- Fresh mint, if desired for garnish
- Optional: whipped cream or cherry on top
- Microwave your ice cream for about 5 seconds.
- Use a great ice cream scoop that works well.
- Get a cup of warm water and first dip your ice cream scoop in the water.
- Slowly, from the side, scoop a nice ice cream ball.
- Transfer the ice cream scoop to a baking sheet. Put the baking sheet in the freezer until you are ready to make the parfaits and serve them!
- Next, take a large bowl and add the berries.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and sugar and mix well. Place bowl in refridgerator for at least 15 minutes... one hour is better to get all the juices tasting wonderful.
- Taking a glass or cup, add some of the berries and syrup to the bottom. Place a scoop of ice cream or two on top of the berries.
- Add more berries if desired.
- Optional: Add some mint for garnish or whipped cream and a cherry.