This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OneBowlWonder #CollectiveBias
This is one of my favorite pasta salads to take to potlucks, picnics, and make for easy weeknight meals. It is a salad that is requested frequently by friends and family. I recently made it to take to a friend who just had a baby, as I know that it is light and can be a main dish or a side dish. I love this pasta salad as a quick and easy, better-for-you recipe.
I also love this recipe because it is really easy to modify. You can add so many variations of veggies broccoli, zucchini, grape tomatoes, green peppers, the options are endless! I want to try making it sometime with tri color rotini. Also, this would taste great with almost any cheese including feta, mozzarella, cheddar, or pepperjack. Yum!
The ingredients in this recipe are simple, easy, and inexpensive. I use Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, pepperoni, Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips (which make this recipe SO easy and well-balanced with protein!), mild cheddar cheese, red onion, marinated artichoke hearts, black olives, and tomato to make a super delicious and savory one-bowl dish with enough veggies and protein to satisfy any crowd. I got all my ingredients at King Soopers Kroger store and saved a ton using my rewards program.
We are trying our best to stick to meal planning in 2016. I have added this to my potluck and easy weeknight meal planning calendar because it is so easy and feeds tons of people. I also love all of the fresh ingredients. I think this would also taste awesome on top of some lettuce or spinach.
- 1 16 oz package rotini (spiral) pasta
- 3 cups tomatoes, washed and diced
- 8 oz Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips
- 8 oz mild cheddar cheese
- 3 oz pepperoni, chopped
- 6 oz can large black olives, diced
- 6 oz artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed and chopped
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 8-10 oz Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil on high heat. Add pasta slowly and cook 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Prepare Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Cut into ½ inch peices.
- In the meantime, chop up your tomatoes, cheese, olives, artichoke hearts, and onion.
- Add everything to a large bowl, toss in the pasta and cooked chicken.
- Add 4 oz Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing to pasta sauce immediately, and add the other 4-6 ounces just before serving.
What are your favorite easy, weeknight meals to cook?